Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring/prepare anything?
Not at all! We recommend you bring your laptop for easier collaboration with your team members. If you’re staying overnight we also recommend basics such as a toothbrush and extra pair of clothes.
What if I don’t know how to code?
Not to worry! Our team of mentors are here to help you with what ever you need help with. We’ll also be running events throughout the day to teach you about coding, design, robotics and pitching.
I don’t have a team, is that ok?
Of course! We’ll help you find some team members to partner with when you arrive!
I already have a team, is that ok?
Great! We’ll be coming around to confirm teams on the day. However, we do recommend that you use this event to work with new people too and get to make new friends.
I registered but now I can’t make it - help!
No worries! Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll take you off the list. Please let us know as soon as possible so that we can let other people take your place.
My friend wants to register but it says “registration is now closed” - help!
Sorry about that! We receive a lot of responses from this event and sometimes aren’t able to accept everyone. Feel free to email us as firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put you on our waiting list in case we get a cancellation.
Can I go home overnight or do I have to sleep over?
Of course you can go home to sleep! Mentors will be around until 10pm and will open the office back up at 8am.
What is the easiest way to get to IndustrieIT?
Our office is located on Level 6, 50 Carrington Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. We are next to Wynyard Train station and close to Bus and Ferry services.
How do you say “my hovercraft is full of eels” in multiple languages?
- Hungarian: A légpárnásom tele van angolnákkal
- Chinese (Mandarin): Wǒ de qìdiànchuán zhuāngmǎn le shànyú
- Italian: Il mio aeroscivolante è pieno di anguille
- Japanese: Watashi no hobākurafuto wa unagi de ippai desu.
- Korean: Nae hoebuhkeurapeuteuneun changuhro kadeuk cha isseyo
- German: Mein Hovercraft ist voller Aale
- Spanish: Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas
- Russian: Moë sudno na vozdušnoj poduške polno ugrej
- French: Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles
See you there!
The IndustrieIT team.